360 Readiness Tool
How does a congregation know if they are ready to start a new ministry that will be a significant increase in leadership and resources? This tool will measure readiness. Contact David McPherson at email@example.com
Churches can apply for grants for ministry that will enhance vitality and reach new people, younger people, and more diverse people. Both Vital and New Faith Committees have funds available. Contact your District Superintendent or the office of New and Vital Faith Communities to apply for a grant.
Covenant of Respect
From "10 Temptations of Church: Why Churches Decline and What To Do About It," by Karen Vannoy and John Flowers. Click here to download the Covenant of Respect.
The assessment is led by a Conference team of trained church leaders. The purpose is to help a church look at next steps in its ministry. Reasons for having an assessment vary. Some churches are assessed because they have a healthy ministry, but feel stuck and just need a tool that will give them an objective opinion of themselves and their future. Some churches have been in conflict and need help with healing. Many reports are used in the assessment; demographics, past church history, present situation, etc. Church staff and members are interviewed. At the end of the assessment the church receives a document that lists the assessment findings, conclusions, and three to four suggested next steps for the church.
There are many trainings, both within the bounds of the Conference and beyond. Local and national consultants and trainers have been used to help our church leaders learn how to reach new people, how to become multi-cultural, how be a neighborhood church in a transitional setting, exploring the call to be a church planter, and many more. Contact the office of New & Vital Faith Communities for more information.
- Catch: A Churchwide Program for Invitational Evangelism Kit by Debi Nixon with Adam Hamilton
- Worship Ways: For the People within Your Reach by Thomas G. Bandy with Lucinda S. Holmes
- Returning to God’s Process for Making Disciples: Simple Church by Thom S. Rainer & Eric Geiger
- Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church by Nelson Searcy with Jennifer Dykes Hensen
- Leading a Healthy Multi-Ethnic Church: Seven Common Challenges and How to Overcome Them by Mark DeYmaz and Harry Li
- The Fly in the Ointment: Why Denominations Aren’t Helping Their Congregations and How They Can by J. Russell Crabtree