Leadership development helps individuals learn about themselves while growing in their personal skills and abilities. It empowers leaders to create and adapt to new circumstances and opportunities that will build vitality in their congregation. Leadership development identifies and forms new leaders capable of visioning and inspiring social and scriptural holiness that make disciples for Jesus Christ.
Consider these questions in your ministry setting:
- Identify three people that you believe could be new leaders in your church. Are you one of them? What are you doing to nurture or mentor these three people?
- What is the process your church uses to help people move through their faith journey and where are you in this process? What are the next steps?
- How are people who are unlike you encouraged to lead? i.e. age, ethnicity, gender?
- How are you developing a vital culture in which your church's vision comes to fruition?
- How are you leading in mission and ministry that addresses key issues in your community around human and spiritual need, as well as social justice?
Making the Leap
Register for the Western Jurisdictional Leadership Development event taking place on November 16-18, 2015.